08 June 2009

Poison???? Really????

I was watching the Tonys last night (OK, OK, I only watched the first 30 minutes) and I was, I dunno, astounded, flabbergasted, pumped even, to see Poison performing on stage during the opening number. I mean, let's be honest: everyone expects Elton John and Liza because the Tonys are known for being a gay man's wet dream but did anyone expect Poison to show up?

I'm not gonna lie: I'm a child of the eighties and I used to sing along to "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" on the radio when I was in elementary school. Even though I don't watch his reality shows (Behind the Music doesn't count---I love that show!) or his sex tape (tapes?), I was happy to see Bret with CC, Bobby, and who I assume was Rikki on drums because the camera didn't really get near him.(So on second thought, maybe it wasn't really him.) But I wasn't paying close attention at the end and completely missed it when Bret got whacked in the neck by that descending piece of scenery! (With that kind of attention lapse, I'm amazed I lasted a half hour.) Which is why I didn't completely get Neil Patrick Harris' joke. Thankfully, it was on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment